Alexander I. Passo is an Associate at Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. He concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, including representing clients in matters involving internal business disputes, breach of contract, fraud, emergency business litigation, unfair competition, and professional negligence actions. Alex has successfully resolved numerous disputes, including pre-litigation, settlement of litigation, arbitration and mediation as well as through verdicts as lead counsel at trial.
Alex takes an analytical approach to litigation – identifying client objectives and tailoring a litigation strategy to achieve them – resulting in resolutions to disputes in an efficient and effective manner. His clients include entrepreneurs, investors, and small and mid-sized businesses. Alex often serves as outside general counsel to his business clients, providing them with day-to-day advice on a variety of business and personal topics.
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.,, 2014, magna cum laude,Chicago-Kent Journal of Environmental and Energy Law, Editor-in-Chief, 2014
- Purdue University, B.A., 2010
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 2014
- Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2017
- Chicago Bar Association
- YLS Director, (2018-Present)
- YLS Tort Litigation Committee, Chair (2017-2018)
- Committee on Attorney Malpractice, Member
- Business Divorce and Complex Ownership Disputes Committee, Member
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Committee
- Committee for Professional Liability
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Center for Conflict Resolution
- Aux. Board Member (2016-Present)
Represents clients in all aspects of commercial claims, including breach of contract, unfair competition, violations of restrictive covenants, fraud, defamation, tortious interference, and breach of fiduciary duty by officers and directors.
Litigates disputes between owners of closely-held entities, including those on behalf of oppressed minority interest holders.
Represents clients in legal malpractice actions involving conflicts of interest, untimely brought claims, incorrect advice or due diligence in transactions and breach of fiduciary duty.
Litigates trademark and copyright infringement actions on the behalf of businesses, designers, developers and artists.
Prosecutes and defends temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction hearings involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants, sale or destruction of property and infringement of intellectual property rights.
Handles accounting malpractice actions, including audit errors, embezzlement and negligent advice concerning tax planning.
Provides day-to-day advice to entrepreneurs, investors, and businesses relating to contracts, governance agreements, employees, independent contractors, transfers and sales of interest in entities and entity formation.
- "Internet Minimum Price Policies: Why Manufacturers Should Be Wary When Implementing," 48 Suffolk U. Law Rev. 795 (2015)
- Attorneys, the Internet, & Hate Speech: An Argument For An Amended Model Rule 8.4," 13 Seattle J. for Social Justice 65 (2014)