Meticulous preparation, open communication, and impeccable work product are hallmarks of how Associate Rachel Miller approaches the practice of law. Focusing her practice on litigation, intellectual property matters, and business transactions, Rachel endeavors to find the optimal path to achieving her clients' goals while doing so in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
A law clerk at the firm before joining as an associate, Rachel has experience with all aspects of litigation, from investigation to demand to final judgment. She has worked on matters pending in state and federal courts as well as before state administrative agencies.
Rachel’s intellectual property background includes trademark, copyright, trade secret, internet and domain name issues, including regular participation in trademark prosecutions at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She has also been involved in inter partes proceedings at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and assists clients with trademark clearance searches and reviews, trademark and counterfeit investigations, legal research, and drafts of advisory opinions. Rachel frequently counsels business clients on contracts, due diligence, licenses, mergers and acquisitions, and business disputes.
A graduate of the University of Oklahoma, Rachel earned her law degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. While in law school, she worked as an extern at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and as a law clerk for the City of Chicago. When not serving her clients, Rachel likes to spend her time mentoring law students, advocating for legal reform, and growing her plant collection.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2020
- University of Oklahoma, B.A. in International and Area Studies; B.A. in French, 2017
- Illinois, 2021
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, 2017-present
- Chair of the Internet and Advertising Committee
- Vice Chair of the Mentorship Committee
- Vice Chair of the Young Members Committee
- Member, Amicus Committee
- Member, Copyright Committee
- International Trademark Association, 2017-present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2017-present
- American Bar Association, 2017-present
- Rotary International, 2010-present