- University of Chicago, J.D., 1988
- University of Chicago, B.A., 1981, with honors
- Illinois, 1991
- Louisiana, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Antitrust, Health Law and Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
- (TIPS) Sections
- Vice-Chair, TIPS’s Corporate Counsel Committee (2018-2019)
- Vice-Chair, TIPS’s Excess Insurance, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance Committee (2018-2019)
Advises and litigates for insurers regulatory, business, and coverage matters on subjects such as risk selection, pricing, marketing, and sales practices in professional liability, property, workers’ compensation, specialty and life insurance lines of business.
Conducts internal investigations and audits for compliance with insurance and antitrust laws and regulations.
Litigates antitrust disputes for plaintiffs and defendants in matters concerning competition, reselling, monopolization, and tying claims.
Represents health care providers and payers and pharmacy benefit managers in regulatory investigations and provider-payer disputes.
Litigates business disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, business torts, federal and state claims concerning unlawful intrusion into computer networks, systems and programs, and breach of fiduciary duty.
Defends class action cases alleging violations of antifraud statutes and rules, business torts and regulatory requirements.
Prosecutes and defends contested adversary and other evidentiary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
Prosecutes and defends disputes concerning covenants not to compete, confidentiality covenants, incentive compensation and discrimination in employment claims.
Represents clients in probate court relative to competency, undue influence and waste and the appointment of receivers and guardians’ ad litem.