John J. Casey is an Associate with Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. He concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning and estate administration, probate, asset protection, tax planning and business succession planning.
John’s experience enables him to provide counsel related to income, estate and gift tax matters on behalf of trusts and estates as well as estate planning and any related litigation.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 2007
- Chicago Kent Law School, LL.M., 2014, with honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2011
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Illinois State Bar Association, Business Advice and Financial Planning Section Council
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Learning Education, Co-author, practice handbook chapter update, Trust Administration in Illinois
- DuPage County Bar Association Brief, contributing author
- Chicago Bar Association, Volunteer, "Wills for Heroes" Program
Implements comprehensive estate and tax planning strategies.
Prepares estate planning documents, including wills, powers of attorney for property and health care, standby guardian designations and living wills.
Drafts irrevocable and revocable trusts.
Prepares estate, gift, and generation skipping tax returns.
Implements family office structures.
Litigates probate matters.
Handles trust and estate administration matters.
Advises small business owners on general corporate matters, including choice of entity, formation of entity, and drafting appropriate governing documents.
Negotiates with the IRS regarding complex tax issues and disputes.
Negotiates and drafts pre-nuptial agreements.
Assists families with planning for disabled adults and children creating special needs trusts.