John L. Ambrogi is a Partner at Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC and the Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He handles obtaining, protecting, evaluating and enforcing rights relating to intellectual property secured by patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, both domestically and internationally. John also represents clients in various litigation matters, E-Commerce issues, IP audits/transfers, IP clearances and drafts opinion letters. He negotiates Intellectual Property agreements, including letters of intent, consulting and employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), and the sale and licensing of Intellectual Property assets.
In addition to John’s trademark and copyright registration practice, John’s experience includes:
* Litigating Intellectual Property disputes in federal and state courts as well as in the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- Defending against charges of patent and trademark infringement.
- Protecting trade secrets.
- Advising clients regarding domain name and internet related issues.
- Counseling on anti-counterfeiting programs.
- Drafting clearance opinions.
- Performing due diligence and evaluation of Intellectual Property.
- Administering and negotiating licenses.
Assisting clients in business acquisitions, mergers and takeovers and analyzing the Intellectual Property aspects thereof
- Loyola University Law, J.D.
- Loyola University, B.S.
- Illinois, 1990
- Illinois State Bar Association - Editor of the Corporate Law Department Section Council Newsletter
- International Trademark Association (Design Rights & Related Rights Committee)
- Italian-American Chamber of Commerce, Chicago
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- National Italian American Foundation
- National Italian American Bar Association
- Columbian Club of Chicago
- Chicago Magnificent Mile Association
Federal Litigation Experience [Most Recent]
Canon Inc. v. Garvey's Office Products, Inc. U.S.
District Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division Case 1:18-cv-01497
Canon Inc. v. Arlington Industries, Inc.
Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division Case 1:18-cv-01496
ALS Scan Inc v. Steadfast Networks LLC
Copyright and Trademark Infrinegment; Digital Milleleum Copyrigh Act
U.S. District Court, Central District of California Case 2:16-cv-05051
Bon Appetit Danish, Inc. v. Le Petit Belge, LLC
U.S. District Court, Central District of California Case 2:17-cv-03710-ODW-SK
Seide et al v. Level-(1) Global Solutions, LLC, Steadfast Networks LLC et al
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division Case 1:16-cv-02975
American Home Shield Corporation v. American Shield Insurance Company et al
U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, Western Division, Case 2:15-cv-02544-JTF-dkv
SLP Performance Parts, Inc. v. Suncoast Automotive Performance, Inc.
Design Patent Infringement
U. S. District Court For the District of New Jersey, Case No. 3:11-cv-03460-MLC-DEA
ThoughtWorks, Inc. v Infor, Inc.
U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Case No. Case No. 1:13-cv-02331
Steiner Industries v. Steiner Electric Co.
U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Case No. 13-cv-4227
Hound and Gatos Pet Foods Corp. v. Evanger’s Dog and Cat Food Co., Inc., et al
U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Case No. 13-cv-5550
Shye Worldwide, LLC and LHS International LLC v. AXIZ Group LLC and Orbit Industries
U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Case No. 13-cv-3031
- Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet: The NSI Policy and Recent Case Law
- The Death Knell of Trademarks
- Intellectual Property Protection For Computer Software in the United States
- Incorporating U.S. Provisional Patent Applications Into Your Business Strategy For Cost Effective Invention Protection
- Generating Revenue Streams in Tough Times (or at Any Time): Putting Your Intellectual Property Assets to Work
- Raise The Bottom Line Through An Increased Awareness Of A Companies’ Intellectual Property